Want to Purchase Multi / Goldwave, Need some advice

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
leem60

Want to Purchase Multi / Goldwave, Need some advice

Post by leem60 »

I want to buy Mutiquence and/ or Goldwave. My questions has to do with a Concert I recorded and would like to tone down the screaming fans so I can hear the music better.
1. Do I use Multiquene to extract the audio file into mp3 files to edit the screaming fans down with Goldwave audio editor.
2. If I'm able to do that, Is there a way to replace the old sound file in the Video and insert the newly edit mp3 files into the Video file?

Basically, I want to clean up the sound so I can hear the music better in the Video.

Thanks for your help.
Mike
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Want to Purchase Multi / Goldwave, Need some advice

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There is no easy way to filter the screaming fans without affecting the rest of the audio. You may be able to reduce the noise slightly by experimenting with the Equalizer filter effect in GoldWave (or Multiquence).

If you add the video file in Multiquence, it will be displayed as separate video and audio sections. You can delete the audio section and replace it with a the edited file, then use File | Save as video.

Chris
leem60

Post by leem60 »

Chris,
Thanks for the reply. Do I need both Goldwave editor and Multiquence to do what you are recommending or just Multiquence?

Thanks,
Mike
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You could do it all in Multiquence, but GoldWave has better filters if the Equalizer in Multiquence is not enough. Or you could search on Google for DirectX audio plug-ins to use in Multiquence to add better filters.

Chris
Mo

Post by Mo »

Hi Mike,

I would also add that you should be working with your audio in a WAV format rather than an MP3 format. This is because WAV files are much higher quality than MP3 files.

Althouhgh WAV files are much bigger in size than MP3 files, that should not be a concern anymore with a modern PC. I worked with a 4 hour WAV file once with no problems at all.

MP3's are heavily compressed, and should only really be used as a final output for playback on a PC or MP3 player.

-Mo