another easy feature request

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
ck010898

another easy feature request

Post by ck010898 »

how about a button that toggles between left and right channels during multitrack playback?

there are many times when I'd like to hear my audio mixes playing back only what I've panned to a side, without having to mixdown/save and re-open with another audio player.

this seems just too easy to leave off the next version.
nextwaver

Post by nextwaver »

No bad, I will like this feature.
This is a goldwave fan
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: another easy feature request

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If the Control window is open, you can right-click on the Balance fader and choose "Left" or "Right" from the popup menu to play only that channel.

Chris
ck010898

Post by ck010898 »

chris -

are we talking Mulitquence or Goldwave?

I'm not sure there's balance fader in multiquence...

which is why I'm pitching this feature or something like it for the next version?
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

Hi,

This is the first time I've posted in the Multiquence forum...but I figured I might just grab the eval copy and maybe try to offer some help over here as well as everything I've been doing on the GW forums. I have to say, I last used Multiquence 10 years ago...right after it came out.

Multiquence doesn't have a balance fader that I can find....It doesn't even have a control window similar to Goldwave that I can find.

However, if you're dealing with true individual tracks...then you can simply solo the ones you've panned...which..I know doesn't help if you've got the same track changing pan...however I often listen to individual track components rather than listening to something that's panned all the way left or right whenever I am in multitrack (which is once every 4 months).
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

My mistake. That was for GoldWave.

There is no easy way to select the playback channel in Multiquence. You can use section options to assign a section to play on the left or right channel. You can put all the left channel sections on one track and all the right channel sections on the other track. During playback you can use the Solo button [1] on the track header to hear only that track/channel.

Chris
The Great Watbol!

Post by The Great Watbol! »

You'se are talking about left and right channels...
Are you going to have support for ac3 (or dolby 5.1) in any new versions,
if it doesn't already have it (haven't d/l it yet).
------------------------------
¿¿¿-:·}~ «-{Watbol}-» ©2000® ☆*★*☆
(•¿•)
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Support for multichannel formats is planned, but I seem to have very little time to work on Multiquence these days.

Chris