A couple of feature requests

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
DaveG2

A couple of feature requests

Post by DaveG2 »

MQ is excellent for rapid building and mixing videos, especially for video tutorials. Thanks for putting the effort into it.

A couple of things I could really use:
(1) Click-and-drag track element length adjust.
Why: (scenario) I add an audio section to Track 2. It's longer than the Image section that's already placed in Track 1. I'd like to grab the end of the image section and drag it to match the end of the audio section.

Obviously, this won't work for video or audio sections... not without some seriously intensive calculations...

(2) Select all sections to end of project.
Why: I want to add a section somewhere in the middle of a project. If the section is longer than the available time space at that point, it gets added at the end. I'd like to click at, or move the marker to, the end the section where the over-long new bit should go -- then move everything later than that (on all tracks) to the right far enough to allow the new section to drop right in. Right now, I have shift-click manually on all sections in turn (sometimes dozens of sections), across all tracks, before I can move the bunch.

(3) Quick ways to jump to the beginning of the project timeline (e.g, Ctrl-Home, matching the Ctrl-End gesture)... maybe even a "Go to" where I enter a time value.

(4) Show the image at the point of the marker bar... a perfect compliment to the ability to split a video track. (Though this is essentially covered by that handy "move Marker" button on the playback controls - a great feature).
DaveG2

Re: A couple of feature requests

Post by DaveG2 »

DaveG2 wrote: Obviously, this won't work for video or audio sections... not without some seriously intensive calculations...

(2) Select all sections to end of project.
Oops :oops:
I seem to have missed some fine features, which I've now found by scouring the help file...

We already have the ability to change the speed of video & audio... but making it drag-and-drop interactive is still an idea.

And I see an option for saving a group of selections... but it still would be nice to interactively draw a selection box around a bunch of sections in a zoomed-out view...
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Changing the length of a section by dragging the left or right edge is planned for a future version.

If you hold the Ctrl key while while dragging the edit marker, the video frame is shown in the master window.

If you right-click-and-drag, that creates a selection box so you can select an area of sections across tracks.

To go to a specific time, you could use the Edit | Set marker command to enter the time, then press the Tab key to jump to that position.

Chris
DaveG2

Post by DaveG2 »

Thanks, Chris.

My bad - I didn't see the ctrl-mouse to create a selection box, and it's right there on the Getting Started portion of the help file.

Knowing the ctrl-marker-drag will be a big help.

A wrinkle on the set marker: maybe enable a keystroke to set a cue point... then enable us to Tab our way to each cue point.

The drag-to-stretch or shrink will be a nice addition.

Great program, and thanks for coming up with it.

Dave