Old project from early days of multiquence.

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
DewDude420

Old project from early days of multiquence.

Post by DewDude420 »

Hi, Jay here from over on the other side of the fence (Goldwave forums). Some of you might of seen me over there, some of you probably haven't. I don't venture over here much because I don't use Multiquence mostly because I never purcased a license as I've not found a huge use for a multitrack enviroment.

However, wayyyyyy back in late 1998/1999 when Multiquence was still pretty new...I did give it a try and I did make something with it...even though it was simple and I never really used it for anything much more than a "timeline" editing interface.

http://twaud.io/zq

I assure you, the URL is real...it looks like something you'd expect to be spam...but it's a URL/service optimized for twitter...tw(itter)audio...other guys can vouch for me and the links i've posted as being good. it is however not edited and contains some language you probably don't what your children hearing (mind you, I myself was about 15 when I made this)

I will say, for the record, since making that...i did finally learn a bit more about the proper use of multi-track and really started doing some "power" stuff with it..often times continuing to use it improperly for difficult edits....i've also purchased a couple of other DAW-software packages since then.

enjoy.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Old project from early days of multiquence.

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Multiquence v1.00 was a bit unusual to use. The silences between files on a track were actually sections you had to move around. I just wish I had more time to work on it.

Chris
DewDude420

Re: Old project from early days of multiquence.

Post by DewDude420 »

Well, it was unusual for me as I'd never seen multi-track and didn't really grasp what it was about. I got the idea that you could create tracks, add audio, move them around...but at the time I never fully realized just what I could do...but I did love the idea of being able adjust where the audio was mixed without having to finalize it.

I can't really remember the differences between 1.0 and 2.55...like I said..that was a LOOONG time ago..I don't really remember anything about silences between tracks...mostly what I did with that track was have an underlying music track and just drop clips on top....although I remember doing a lot of clever splicing to make stuff work right...and constantly importing sections..how I actually got it done I'll never remember.

i've played with 2.55 a bit...i really don't do much in multitrack as I'm not really in to production (yet). I do recommend it to people who are looking for a quick multi-track solution.

It was however my first taste of multitrack..just as Goldwave was my first taste of a real audio editor. When I did finally start playing around..I had at least some idea of what to do.