Is Multiquence the same as GoldWave with video added to it?

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
vette

Is Multiquence the same as GoldWave with video added to it?

Post by vette »

I am having difficulty understanding whether Multiquence is the same as GoldWave with video added to it?

I can use both audio & video, but audio is more important to me right now.

I need to transfer audio from cassette tapes that are very old to CD, right now.

I may need to send video with audio in the future.

Which product should I buy?

Later,

Richard Novara
Later,

-- Richard --
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Is Multiquence the same as GoldWave with video added to

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Multiquence and GoldWave are different programs with some things in common. You can find a comparison between the two here.

GoldWave is better for recording and editing individual audio files. It contains more effects, restoration, and analysis features. It does not support video files, except for reading audio from them.

Multiquence is better for mixing and arranging many files and it supports video recording, editing, and effects. It does not have as many audio effects.

If you are recording LPs, tapes, or microphone, use GoldWave. If you are making a presentation, radio show, video, or anything that combines a number of files, use Multiquence.

Chris
vette

Post by vette »

Thanks ... I purchased Goldwave.

Since I am recording voice tapes to Mp3 (since it is the smallest sized file & I have a lot to transfer), how should I save the file?

Default is MPEG Audio (*.mp3
Layer-3, 44100 Hz,128 kbps, mono

Is that the best way to save the files?

Thanks,
Later,

-- Richard --
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

For voice recordings you can use much lower attributes, such as "Layer-3, 11025 Hz, 48 kbps, mono". The "kbps" number controls the size and quality. Higher numbers keep better quality but make files larger. Lower numbers give lower quality but make files smaller.

Chris