two items I would like to see

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
CKing

two items I would like to see

Post by CKing »

Trim mode to be able to trim back or trim out after edit was made. Playback of window eliminating marked region. so can hear edit point without having to listen to whole piece.

Thank yhou
Charlie
Charlie King
ProductionKing Video Services
www.proking.net
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: two items I would like to see

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'm not sure what you mean by a "trim mode".

The "Unselected" playback option (press the F11 key, Play tab) will do the second item.

Chris
CKing

Post by CKing »

The problem with the F11 is it plays the entire unselected piece. I want to be able to hear just a couple seconds berore and a couple seconds after to hear the exact beat of the edit instead of listening to almost an entire song. If we could set the view window so it shows a little ahead and after the selected part and only play that. It would be perfect.

The thing I mean by trim is like a roller tool that after the edit is made you can place a roller on the edit point and roll just a little back that ws taken out. It would help if you could see a line where the edit happened and hit roller tool and roll some back from the end or the beginning. I hopw this makes a little more sense.

I have been using Goldwave for sometime now and love what it does. There are jut a few things along that I cn see that would maqke a great program even better.

Thank you
Charlie
Charlie King
www.proking.net
Blandine Catastrophe

Post by Blandine Catastrophe »

When I play "unselected", it plays the unselected part of the view, at the condition that my view starts before the selection and ends after it.
Gloup? :-°
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

When using the "Unselected" playback option, you can limit playback by using the View | Selection command followed by the View | Zoom Out command (or use the mouse wheel to zoom in/out or use the scroll bar to scroll the waveform to the left). Only the audio shown in the sound window is played.

Usually after editing the start marker (and/or finish marker) will be at the edit point. You can click-and-drag the marker to move it back slightly.

Chris
CKing

Post by CKing »

"Usually after editing the start marker (and/or finish marker) will be at the edit point. You can click-and-drag the marker to move it back slightly."

Ever think about being able to using mouse scroll or arrow keys for more precise movement than the mouse? I really don';t know if that would be much better, I'm trying to come ujp with something to make a great program even better, if that is possible.

Some of the things I suggest are things I use in my video editing programs that help a lot.

Thank you
Charlie
Charlie King
www.proking.net
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Actually those are both possible already. If you click the mouse wheel, you can set it to "Scroll And Select". Moving the wheel scrolls the view. If you hold down the Shift key and move the mouse wheel, the Start marker is moved. If you hold down the Shift and Control keys, the Finish marker is moved.

The same combination of Shift and Control keys works for the left and right arrow keys.

Chris
Jossse

Post by Jossse »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:Actually those are both possible already. If you click the mouse wheel, you can set it to "Scroll And Select". Moving the wheel scrolls the view. If you hold down the Shift key and move the mouse wheel, the Start marker is moved. If you hold down the Shift and Control keys, the Finish marker is moved.

The same combination of Shift and Control keys works for the left and right arrow keys.

Chris
great tactic! :D