Maintain HISTORY of Edits

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
KetchupKid

Maintain HISTORY of Edits

Post by KetchupKid »

I love Goldwave and use it as my only editor - have done so for years. One thing that is ALWAYS frustrating is when I want to back up to a certain stage in my edits to a single file (mp3). If you use Paint.Net, you can view a complete history of all the edits made in the current session to any specific file. It is wonderful.

PLEASE develop a plugin or simply add it to the program to store edits in a readily viewable history pull-up window. AND allow the user to revert back to any stage in that history.

In addition, like Paint.Net, being able to still revert backwards AFTER a save would be a tremendous help. It works well in Paint.Net, as you can revert back anywhere in the edit history as long as you are in the same session - even if you have saved the file one or more times.

Thank you to whomever might see this and act on it. Can I be notified if such a change is made or plugin become available?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Maintain HISTORY of Edits

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

In GoldWave v6 you can click the down arrow next to the Undo button in the toolbar to see a list of edits. In GoldWave v5, you'd right-click on the Undo button. Selecting an item in the list reverts back to that edit. The number of items listed is determined by the undo levels under Options | Storage.

GoldWave's virtual editing system does not support undo after save because the original file referenced by the virtual system is replaced at that point. However you can use Save As to save under a different name and undo after.
KetchupKid

Post by KetchupKid »

Thanks for the info. I did not know I could right click on the Undo button.

I have v5.7 of Goldwave but it says there are no upgrades/updates available. When will v6 be available?

I hope in v6 that the edit descriptions are more verbose/specific.

Nice!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The older versions seem to be having some trouble checking for updates (due to stricter firewalls or server settings). v6 has been out for a while now. A 64 bit version of Windows is required. The undo information isn't any more detailed yet.
KetchupKid

Post by KetchupKid »

Thanks - I'll see if I can find a download link for v6.