Soundwave video output

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
RichardS

Soundwave video output

Post by RichardS »

I use GoldWave a lot for editing audio recordings which then end up on YouTube and I usually just find an appropriate picture to go with the soundtrack. However, I was wondering whether there was an easy way in which GoldWave could generate an mp4 file which used the soundwave as the video bit of the output, like when you're playing something through GoldWave...

Sorry if that seems a stupid suggestion for audio editing software, but it was one of those 3am thoughts that would have improved a couple of projects I've worked on recently!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Soundwave video output

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

We've been considering adding a way to generate a simple video file using the cover art image (or visuals) so that audio can be uploaded to YouTube and Facebook. We'd need to see more interest in such a feature. The alternative would be to use VideoMeld, which can record your screen and mix the audio.
RichardS

Re: Soundwave video output

Post by RichardS »

Reassuring to know it's not a stupid idea! I suspect it's probably one of those features that until it's there people won't realise how useful it is... I shall have to start a campaign to raise awareness! :lol:

Thanks for the suggestion: I'll explore that one too.