Making a typical music video

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
klausboop

Making a typical music video

Post by klausboop »

I'm a long-time registered Goldwave user and now have a project in mind that MultiQuence might be right for. Looking through the forums it looks like it's right but I want to double-check.

I want to make a fairly typical music-video. Make 4 separate videos, say of the bassist, guitarist, drummer and whole band, then slice and dice between them in sync to the audio track.

Is that something that Multiquence can do? Is that something Multiquence is good at? Thanks in advance!
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

Multiquence can mix as many audio and video tracks simultaneously as you want, each track having its own autonome speed, volume, transparency, etc.

That then can be made. You can resize and position any video track to include them in one single video, and use any part of these tracks at any timing position.
:D
klausboop

Post by klausboop »

Kummel wrote: That then can be made. You can resize and position any video track to include them in one single video, and use any part of these tracks at any timing position.
I guess that's what I'm missing: let me change the example to a really simple one, a two-camera interview. I'm wondering, can I have the audio track and two video tracks, and have it toggle back and forth between the two video tracks. I did download the software and am wanting to do something very much like that (except I have four video tracks, single takes with the guitar, drums, bass and vocals) and just want to pick which one of them is being seen at different times. I definitely see how to slice and dice it, but it looks like that will take forever!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You can do that in Multiquence. You'd add one video in one track and the other video in another track and align them so they are synchronized. You can then use the Effect | Fade graph command to display the fade line in the video sections. You'd change the line in the lower video to fade between the videos. It would look something like this:

Code: Select all

____     ____
___|    |___|    |___
By using the fade graph, you don't need to cut both videos into pieces and arrange them one after the other.

Chris
TrierMusic

Post by TrierMusic »

This thread is old, but let me jump in and say I've made a couple music videos for my band(s) and multiquence works great.