Good Job, Chris!

GoldWave general discussions and community help
intoaudio

Good Job, Chris!

Post by intoaudio »

Hi Chris,
Just wanted to let you know you're doing a fantastic job with Goldwave, I use it ALL THE TIME, it's GREAT! :D Have done some audiobooks with it, and I absolutely love it. I check the website regularly for updates, and download every one.
I would like to see some eye candy in the software soon, maybe some glass effects or something to make it more visually appealling. Also would like more ways of visualizing the audio. Of course, this probably isn't very important to you, but I sure would enjoy a fancier interface.
Will continue to use Goldwave.
Keep up the good work.
Vonbrucken

Post by Vonbrucken »

+1 for a fancier interface, keep up the good work :)
intoaudio

Re: Good Job, Chris!

Post by intoaudio »

Hey right on! Nice new interface on the forums, this is what I mean when I said that I'm kinda wishing for a new interface in Goldwave. Of course, the priority is performance...
alainmarsol

Post by alainmarsol »

Hi friend.
I am new to this forum.
Nice to share things with all of the users.
-----------------------------------------
tarif piscine coque
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

previous message is 100% spam.
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

I have nothing against a nice looking interface -- But I can't see anything wrong with the appearance of Goldwave as it is. I think it looks good and everything is relatively easy to use, the operation is intuitive - more so than some of the competitors I have tried and rejected.

In the most recent iteration (5.52), I find that the Noise Filter, which has always been very good, is even better and it works faster too. Great job there, Chris - Thank YOU!

I am a heavy user of Goldwave and I really, really like it very much. Now... As soon as Chris is able to restore the ability of Goldwave to accept and use plug-ins without hiccups, I'll be even happier!
intoaudio

Post by intoaudio »

I've got to agree with you there, donrandall. There is nothing wrong with the interface the way it is. What I just meant was that it would be a treat to have some eye candy in there. But whatever... I realize that eye candy takes away processing power, so, do what you've gotta do. Cheers, and definitely keep up the good work on Goldwave, Chris. GREAT software.
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

As soon as Chris is able to restore the ability of Goldwave to accept and use plug-ins without hiccups, I'll be even happier!
If you're talking about DirectX plugins..i've yet to see a DX plugin host that works with every plugin without error. This is why DX was abandoned.
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

If you're talking about DirectX plugins..i've yet to see a DX plugin host that works with every plugin without error. This is why DX was abandoned.
I have the db audioware mastering suite and it worked perfectly until version 5.5 -- I also have the Anwida reverb which also worked perfectly before version 5.5.

I don't miss the reverb all that much, so no big deal. The db audioware stuff is pretty good for low priced plug-ins and I find the various elements to be worthwhile because I do use them. What happens with version 5.5 is that I can't directly access the presets, but I have been in contact with db audioware and now have another way to access the presets. Another problem I am having is that once I use one of the db plug-ins, Goldwave gets a bit goofy. For instance, I can no longer access any native Goldwave tools, they just ignore me. Another thing I have noticed is that I can no longer right click the mouse to set an end point when trying to designate a sound to be worked. This means I have to close Goldwave and then reopen the program before I can continue working. It's a bit inconvenient and therefore, somewhat frustrating -- But I am hoping these problems will be corrected in the next iteration.
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

The only directx plugins I even have is the Sony/SouneForge Noise Reduction suite and the ACON plugins from Acoustica PE, and those have never given me a problem.

My biggest issue is the bulk of my processing plugins are in VST...and most of them crash the Winamp wrapper, i'm constantly editing in goldwave and jumping to audition...but i like the way goldwave will splice a wav without "smoothing", which let's me make the more accurate cuts rather than something sounding "ok" becuase i can't hear the sample jump..mastering however, while i hate to admit...i do it in auditon becuase as i mentioned i've got about 30 different VST plugins..and most are tube-modeled.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

VST support for GoldWave probably won't be included in the next update. It may be released as a separate download in beta. I have found that a lot of VST plug-ins do a lot of inappropriate things, so I expect many workarounds will have to be added to keep them from causing errors and lock-ups.

Chris
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

VST support for GoldWave probably won't be included in the next update.
Well, I was hoping that someday, we'd have VST capability in Goldwave. There are some VST Plug-Ins that look interesting and appealing -- But, I have been getting along just fine without them, so I suppose I can continue to get along without them. Sometimes the line between toys and tools is very narrow.

I am very pleased with the release of the new Goldwave Plug-In to make aftermarket plug-ins work within Goldwave -- And I thank you for that because it really is very helpful to me!
JackH

Post by JackH »

donrandall wrote:I am very pleased with the release of the new Goldwave Plug-In to make aftermarket plug-ins work within Goldwave -- And I thank you for that because it really is very helpful to me!
Same here! The new release has the plug-ins I use working just as they did in GW 5.25. Very nice indeed.
The Great Watbol!

Post by The Great Watbol! »

First thing that I noticed when updating from 5.25 to 5.54 was the neat-colorfull G in GW filling as it loads the program.
That was my eye-candy. I liked that right from the start! I said to myself, "WOW this is a NEW version!"
Amd the new icon for the program. Thanks again. And Keep up the Good Werk¡!
------------------------------
¿¿¿-:·}~ «-{Watbol}-» ©2000® ☆*★*☆
(•¿•)