Windows 7

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
mrdceagle2000

Windows 7

Post by mrdceagle2000 »

Any plans to support Windows 7? After installing W7, Multiquence no longer works - not even in compatibility mode. Goldwave continues to work, tho.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Multiquence development is going very slowly. There is a strong possibility that it's going to be redesigned from scratch with Windows 7 as the base OS.

Chris
madhg

Post by madhg »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:Multiquence development is going very slowly. There is a strong possibility that it's going to be redesigned from scratch with Windows 7 as the base OS.
Chris
This is bad news, taken together with the previous post, that it doesn't work on Win 7. I registered Multiquence about a week ago, and am using it on a laptop which I bought earlier this year, with Vista and a promise of almost-free Win7 upgrade. I've now got the Win 7 upgrade disks, and was planning to do the upgrade this weekend. Now I'll delay it, while I look for another product to replace Multiquence for video editing.

Any suggestions for software to use? Windows Movie Maker seems rather limited. Maybe there's a better version with Win 7?

Chris - any comments? Did I miss a warning, when I registered it, that it won't work on Win 7?

David
madhg

Post by madhg »

I've now upgraded my laptop from Vista to Windows 7. Some problems at first, but it seems to be settling down now.

Multiquence seems to work OK under Windows 7 for me. I opened a project successfully, and saved as a .mov file, and that worked OK.

Maybe the updates to Win7 are solving the problems that others had with running MQ?

David
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There is no reason why the current version of Multiquence wouldn't work on Windows Vista or 7. Typically whenever a new version of Windows is released, it takes a few months (or longer) to get stable sound and video drivers. Drivers are rarely tested for programs like Multiquence.

Chris
Mo

Post by Mo »

I installed Multiquence on a new Windows 7 computer (fully patched and updated BTW), and Multiquence worked without any problems at all.
smithdwsn

Post by smithdwsn »

I also faced same problem with Multiquence. But i updated BTW so there is no problem. It is working properly.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery