goldwave + flv

GoldWave general discussions and community help
nandolan

goldwave + flv

Post by nandolan »

hi
how can i extract the audio from a .flv you tube videoclip ====???????????

thanks
DougDbug

Re: goldwave + flv

Post by DougDbug »

Try AoA Audio Extractor (FREE!!!).

Typically, I do this kind of thing with a Video Editor (I use Corel Video Studio), but I don't normally work with FLV.

If all else fails, you can always make an "analog" recording. See the GoldWave FAQ.
Kilmatead

Post by Kilmatead »

Strange, maybe my codecs are just being friendly this week, but GoldWave has no problem extracting the audio from .flv, .avi, .mkv, even a .3gp. The only type it didn't like was .mov - but that's no great loss.
intoaudio

Post by intoaudio »

Same here... I tried extracting audio out of an flv video yesterday, and it worked without a hitch. I'm guessing it has something to do with how the audio is encoded in the flv, because I tried another flv that had stereo sound, and it didn't work. Mono works just fine, though!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If you have QuickTime (or iTunes) installed, GoldWave should open audio in .mov files as well.

GoldWave does not support .flv directly. You'd need to install a DirectShow FLV decoder if one isn't installed already.

Chris
rafabullfan

Post by rafabullfan »

I have Goldwave version 4.24, and I can open any flv on my PC. Then I save the file as WAV 16 bit Stereo signed. (It gave me a good sound on my TEAC CD player once I ripped the files on a disk)

That's how I got five songs from Silver Convention that I didn't have on my three CD's and two LP's.

What I'am not sure of, is if I downloaded at some point a codec that may be working for my Goldwave. I downloaded some when switched from ms mediaplayer to Real.