.asf file sync with Multiquence

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
bitsplice

.asf file sync with Multiquence

Post by bitsplice »

I downloaded some movie files from my PDA that saves with .asf format. When I view the files in Multiquence 2.51, the video seems to move faster than real life, and it quickly gets out of sync with the audio track that was recorded with it. The video track and the audio track APPEAR to be in sync because the audio and video sections line up within their tracks in Multiquence. It seems that Multiquence isn't expanding the compressed format back into real time well. When I view movie, the video is done before the audio track, and the last frame stays on until the audio finishes.
For instance, one clip is about 35 seconds long, the last frame stays visible after the 20 second mark until the audio completes at 35 seconds.

I think I ran into this problem with .wmv files as well, but I am not sure.

I can use Windows Movie Maker ( :cry: ) to convert the .asf files into .avi files which then works fine in Multiquence, but I would prefer not to do this extra step.

Any thoughts?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: .asf file sync with Multiquence

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Try installing Multiquence v2.52. That version handles WMV/ASF files differently, which may avoid the problem.

Chris
bitsplice

Re: .asf file sync with Multiquence

Post by bitsplice »

The upgrade did it! Thanks, Chris.
D_D

Post by D_D »

For video convertion i recommend you make use of VidFlash's service. You should just send your video file ( of any format) and after 15-20 min you'll get converted video.