Suggested feature

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
Garrett

Suggested feature

Post by Garrett »

Greetings,

Just found Multiquence (and Goldwave) and wish I had found it much sooner. Anyway, this sure beat trying to get what I needed don in VirtualDub or that Open Source thing that would never freaking work for me. It was so easy to do what I needed in Multiquence!

I'm on the trial version now, but plan on purchasing within a month or two, on a limited income here, and I've got a new usb tv addon lined up first to get, then the following month I can get Multiquence :-)

Anyway, to my suggestion. You'd save an old man like me a lot of trouble if you had some sort of screen capture ability so I could vid some game play or do vid instructions for using a program. Right now I use XFire's in-game vid recording, but I'd rather not have to run XFire while I'm doing some in-game recording.

Goal would be of course to use as little memory as possible while recording, adjustable frame rate and resolution, so that people could adjust to their needs or requirements. Biggest problem with people trying to record game play is that the vid recording itself causes vid lag while the person is in their game, so making adjustments will allow them to find just the right setting to get as good as possible recording quality without causing the game to lag.

I know there's a few apps out there for doing this stuff, but I think it would be better to have this with editing ability in one package. And the price isn't so outrageous that people can't afford this either. I'm pretty sure that if you add this ability, I can at least send 2 minimum paying new users. Maybe even more.

Regardless, I'll be getting Multiquence anyway, but would make me a happy old fart if you do add this at some point. :-)

Thanks,
~Garrett
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Suggested feature

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

A screen capturing tool is planned for a future version of Multiquence, but mostly for recording software tutorials.

I haven't looked into capturing full screen video for games. I'm not sure if there is a consistent way to do that. It may depend on the game. Also video encoding takes a lot of processing power, which would affect the game as you mentioned. That may be less of a problem as multicore processors become more popular.

Chris
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Thanks for the reply and heads up on the planned feature. BTW, finally purchased Multiquence and Goldwave tonight. Sorry for the delay, a month or two turned into almost a year ;-)
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Multiquence development is going slowly. Much of it will be rewritten to use more of the features available in Windows Vista/7.

Chris
musicstuff

new multiquence ?

Post by musicstuff »

I was just wondering how the new multiquence is comming?
Olin
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Slowly. No significant Multiquence development has been done in months since the new GoldWave beta is the priority right now.

Chris