Multi track recording with Roland M-16DX

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
rickbase1

Multi track recording with Roland M-16DX

Post by rickbase1 »

I have just downloaded your s/w and love it so far! We have only recorded a few songs with GW but it has me thinking of what might be possible!

I am looking to set up a home recording studio using the M-16DX as my 16 channel input via USB2.0, bringing in each instrument and vocal into the PC on a seperate channel with Multiquence, then using the effects section in Goldwave to enhance some devices like the lead guitar and feed it back out the stereo output of the M-16DX for realtime recorded/enhanced audio, then ideally layering on a video track after to create a decent quality music video after.

My questions are:

1) Am I asking too much of the software/pc?
2) does goldwave give RT effects or only rendered ?
3) does MQ/GW interface well to the M-16DX?
4) this being new to me, what am I omitting/forgetting in the equation?

PS Go Sens !

Thanks,

Rick
Kingston, ON
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Multi track recording with Roland M-16DX

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Both GoldWave and Multiquence are limited to stereo. While it is possible to record multiple channels and inputs in Multiquence, the final mixdown would be stereo. GoldWave does post-recording processing/effects only. You may want to consider higher-end audio software for working with 16 channels.

Chris
sophie

Post by sophie »

Hi,
I've used the "save as audio" option to make a stereo file of 4 different tracks with Multiquence, but the result is a mono file (I mean two tracks but exactly the same). How must I do to get a real stereo file ?
Thank in advance for your reply.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Use Options | Section to ensure that each audio section is assigned to the correct output channel (either Left or Right instead of Stereo).

Chris