Video not visible

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
Boog

Video not visible

Post by Boog »

This happened few days ago. When I load a video into MQ the audio is fine but the video is no longer visible in any of the MQ players and when I save the vid the audio is fine but the video portion is just a black screen in the Windows player.

Please help!

Cheers,
Boog
ElfQrin

Re: Video not visible

Post by ElfQrin »

It happened the very same thing to me. I suspect it has something to do with some recent upgrade of Windows Vista.

Multiquence is no longer updated since four long years. Goldwave should tell us if they plan to continue to develop their product or otherwise they should stop selling it.
Boog

Post by Boog »

I agree ... it was probably a Vista update. I really like MQ and I hope your guys update the software.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

That problem has come up only recently. Unfortunately I have no idea what's causing it yet since Multiquence works fine on all my test systems. Some users have found that they can use System Restore to go back to a point when it works correctly.

Multiquence development had to be restarted from scratch (the old code doesn't compile anymore in the new development tools), so it's going very slowly.

Chris
ElfQrin

Post by ElfQrin »

Looking at the recent upgrades on my Vista system, the problem might be caused by Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (and if this is the case, it used to work up to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 ), hoping this can help to fix it.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'm not sure what has changed in Windows, but Multiquence is no longer compatible with Windows Vista or 7 for video playback. Not even Captions sections work. Unfortunately there is no solution for this problem yet.

Chris
Boog

Post by Boog »

Thanks for the update Chris.
dronelebeau

Post by dronelebeau »

so the windows updates could be the culprit. :(
Stewerdess: Do you need help fastening your seatbelt?
Gambit: Need... or want?
Sped2001

Video Editing Software Recommendation?

Post by Sped2001 »

Since multiquence no longer works under Windows 7 or Vista... Can anybody recommend a comparable video editor?

I downloaded the trial of Cyberlink PowerDirector, but so far I don't like it a bit. It's too cute and appears to handle only one video and one audio track. I'll download the Sony Vega trial and give it a shot. Any other ideas? I'd like to keep the price below $100 USD (below $50 preferred).

Easy and versatile mixing of multiple video and audio tracks is what I'm looking for. Effects are less important. Non destructive edit and realtime preview essential.

Thanks.
Boog

Post by Boog »

Hi guys ... any news of a update?

Cheers,
Boog
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'm afraid not.

Chris
Boog

Post by Boog »

Hi guys ... just wondering how it's going with the video problem. I was wondering if rather than having your own viewer you could co-opt the standard Windows viewer. I've tried a few other products but frankly they're huge and clunky and for the most part suck. I've always considered Multiquence to be like the "Millennium Falcon" ... "she may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts." Hope you can get it done :)

Cheers,
Boog
hedz

Post by hedz »

Ahhh, come on you guys at Multiquence, it must be nearly 2 years since this little problem popped up. :roll:
It doesn't take much to power up a computer with Vista/Windows7 and get stuck into the source code and get this fantastic program [it's had plenty of raps from us loyal followers] and get its problem sorted out. :lol:

I've been using Goldwave since maybe 2004 or before, and Multiquence since 2007 [paid up versions] and found them both better than excellent. :D

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but if I were you guys I'd be a little embarrassed :oops: not having it sorted by now.

As others have noted in previous replies, that other products have been tried and nothing does the job better than what Multiquence does for us but it is no good without the playback viewer.

Hoping you can make a lot of "we/us loyal & hopeful users" very happy soon.
Cheers, hedz
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Multiquence is in the middle of being rewritten from scratch, so unfortunately there is no "quick fix" that can be released.

Chris
hedz

Post by hedz »

Just thought I would look in to see if there was any news on a fix for Multiquence :!:
and ... Thanks Chris. :D

This is the best news I have heard for a long time. :D
I will continue to wait patiently, along with all you other loyal supporters, for the big day.
As we have written, there is no better program in our eyes that does the job as well as Multiquence.

Cheers, hedz 8)