Multiquence Exitss When I load a PRoject

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
Bandung

Multiquence Exitss When I load a PRoject

Post by Bandung »

What would cause Multiquence to exit when I load a project? Everything was working fine until I had a blue screen of death appear (W2k SP4) I had Multiquence open when it happened.

Now it doesn't matter what project I load, same thing, no error message, nothing. The program simply disappears.
Bandung

Post by Bandung »

Grrr. It seems the problem is linked to the beta version of avisynth 2.5.6. If I replace it with version 2.5.5 (Which I have been using normally) the problem disappears.

The video clips that I'm feeding to Multiquence are really avs scripts which have been wrapped by link2 to create an avi file. These files load ok in Multiquence. I can edit them, chop and rearrange the video. Turns out that if I use version 2.5.6 of Avisynth, "stuff" happens and these avi files cause Multiquence to exit.
Bandung

Post by Bandung »

Well, with a bit more snooping, I've managed to trace the problem to a faulty avisynth.dll. There is a new build of this dll alone dated march 15. When placed in the system directory, things return to normal.

I really needed this last version since it has an updated ShowSMPTE a function for showing the time rather than the frame number. This version has an offset function which I am hoping will permit me to align my clips with what the Multiquence timeline is showing.