Ribbon line flickers

GoldWave general discussions and community help
rcl831

Ribbon line flickers

Post by rcl831 »

Ribbon line at top has started flickering. Occasionally says "Goldwave not responding". Only started recently - since last update to version 6.51. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling 6.51 - no help. Uninstalled 6.51 and reinstalled version 6.47 - now it does it with that version too. Ideas???

Randall
Tristan

Re: Ribbon line flickers

Post by Tristan »

Video driver?
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
BillK

Post by BillK »

So, if it does that regardless of the version on GoldWave; have you kept your O/S up to date? Is the monitor tired? (getting old)? Does it ONLY do that when you run GoldWave? Chris might appreciate a bit more information...
rcl831

Post by rcl831 »

System is Windows 10 Home, all drivers should be up to date. Windows 10 updates automatically.

I have noticed now that the "menu bar' in notepad and also in file explorer, flickers. I run Dell Support Assist weekly, have also run Windows Defender full scan, Malware Bytes full scan, msert.exe full scan and nothing. Laptop is only 2-3 years old and has worked perfectly up until this. So perhaps it is not unique to Goldwave but something else.

Randall
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

My father started having graphics issues with his 10yo Mac Mini a few weeks before it died. At first, Dad thought it was a problem with his web browser. Nope. But he's got a 20yo Mac desktop that still works fine.

There are not a lot of places for heat to go in those compact computers. Just sayin'.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

An animated background wallpaper (slide show) in Windows can cause that kind of a problem. Try setting the background to a solid colour in Windows to see if that helps. Also close all other programs to make sure that none are changing Windows font/colour settings repeatedly.