capturing Video with sound issues.

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
gatherer

capturing Video with sound issues.

Post by gatherer »

Hello,

I'm new to this video capturing stuff.

Anyways I have a Canon ZR200 camera. I have a Firewire Card for my laptop and I have installed Multiquence on it.

I'm trying to capture the video from the camera. I can do it just fine in Windows media format so long as I select no sound codec. if I do select a sound codec I get a "unable to start Video Capture" error message. if I chose a AVI capture I get the error message unable to assign filename and format to capture video.

All I want to be able to do is download the video from the camera with the sound. what am I missing? or what do I have to do? is there a simple tutorial in regards to this?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: capturing Video with sound issues.

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Try changing the image size and frame rate to match the specifications of your camera's video. Also check the properties and device settings to make sure audio is not being muted.

Chris
jcohan

Capturing video with sound in WMV format

Post by jcohan »

I am having the same problem as expressed by Gatherer. I am trying to capture video from a Sony DCR-TRV260 digital camcorder and save it in WMV format. When I click the preview button I can see the video and hear the audio from my PC speakers. If I select "No audio" in the audio format, I can record the video in several different video sizes and fps. However, as soon as I enable the audio I get the message "unable to start Video Capture". I can see nowhere that the audio is muted, and even if it was, why would it prevent the video capture?

Jim