Recording video from digital camera as AVI

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
jcohan

Recording video from digital camera as AVI

Post by jcohan »

I have a Sony DCR-TRV260 digital camcorder and I am trying to capture video from the DV out to my firewire card. When I select "Video Capture" I am able to see the video and hear the audio on my PC speakers. However, when I try to begin recording in AVI format, I get the message "Unable to assign filename and format to capture video". I have tried several different video sizes and frame rates, all with the same result. What is the problem?

Jim
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Recording video from digital camera as AVI

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Try the standard resolution of 720x480 with a frame rate of 29.97 fps. If that does not work, try selecting the WMV file type instead.

Chris
jcohan

Post by jcohan »

I tried your suggestion but get exactly the same result. I also am unable to record as WMV because it also gives me an error when I try to enable the audio (see my other posting in this forum). In any event, I would prefer to record in AVI format because I want to get the highest quality my camera will produce (approx 460,000 pixels). I do not appear to be alone with this problem, as I see another posting on August 23 from a user that has both these same issues. I have purchased your GoldWave software for recording audio in our church and have been very happy with its quality and ease of use. I was hoping that Multiquence would be able to cover our video editing needs as well.

Jim
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I do not know of a solution to the problem right now, but it will be worked on in a future update.

Chris