batch processing copy clipboard

GoldWave general discussions and community help
joeg123

batch processing copy clipboard

Post by joeg123 »

is there a way to set a marker in batch processing to copy a selection to the clipboard that is under 1/10 of a second. for example, if I try:

mark start from beginning: 0.00
mark end from beginning: 0.05

it always shows as 0.0 to 0.1

I can do this on a currently open file and set some very specific number (such as 0.135)

is it actually retaining the small amount even though it shows 1/10th?

GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: batch processing copy clipboard

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The process list shows times rounded to one decimal place. Internally the exact time is stored, so the value 0.05 is preserved. The files will be processed the way you expect.

Chris
joeg123

preserving small clipboard amounts

Post by joeg123 »

Thanks Chris! I figured it might be preserved but it helps to check.

I am a paranormal investigator and psychic. I work with Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVPs) that record ghost talk.

The voices appear embedded in all the white noise so I really use all of Goldwave's features to boost up and separate the vocals from the background noise.

It takes some clever footwork but it's possible to get almost a cleanly audible speech from what sounds like just static.

If it's okay, I'd like to ask another question related...

You know when using a product like Microsoft Word or Excel, you can record macros (basically your batch processing or keystrokes - which can be edited and replayed later on) for editing documents and worksheets?

Well, I know batch processing works on closed files but is there an equivalent for currently open ones? I tried using the chain editor but it's missing the noise reduction option (unless I missed it someplace).

So I guess my question is: Can batch processing be used on open files or is the chain processing the solution. If you recommend chaining different audio processes together, where is the noise reduction option located?

I have the latest version of the software.

I've recommended Goldwave to several people. (I learned of your product from a satisfied Goldwave customer.)

I'm running an EVP help topic right now for fellow research investigators. It's become one of the forums hottest topics :)

Thank you again.

Joe Giaquinto
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: preserving small clipboard amounts

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Only effects that can process audio in a single, sequential pass can be chained. Some effects, like Noise Reduction and Maximize, have to process audio out-of-order or in multiple passes. Those cannot be chained.

GoldWave does not support marcos or scripting yet. There is no way to batch process an opened file right now, but that may not be too difficult to add in a future update.

Chris
joeg123

response

Post by joeg123 »

Got it. Thanks again for all your help :)

(BTW that clipboard selection/copy worked great on my batch process.)

Joe G.
DaniePhantom

Your Forum

Post by DaniePhantom »

Joeg,

I am interested in your forum. Could you please let me know where it is located outside of this board? Sincere Thanks.

Danie
joeg123

Re: batch processing copy clipboard

Post by joeg123 »

Hi Danie,

Sorry--I know your replay was years ago... but I never saw it. Still want the web link?