Can't set line monitor in volume

GoldWave general discussions and community help
jrc

Can't set line monitor in volume

Post by jrc »

In Control Properties, I keep setting the line monitor in volume, but when I start to record, it is always set to 0. How do I set this?
John
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

In Control Properties, I keep setting the line monitor in volume, but when I start to record, it is always set to 0. How do I set this?
This may sound silly, but do you click the "OK" button after setting the volume?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Can't set line monitor in volume

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Some sound drivers always reset the volume levels whenever recording is started. See if an updated sound driver is available from the manufacturer. Also try using the Windows Volume Control instead.

Chris
jrc

ASIO support?

Post by jrc »

The motherboard on my computer has built-in sound (SoundMax - it's an Asus board). I have an M-Audio Revolution 5.1 sound card installed. I can't record from the sound card (although it plays back), but I can through the motherboard using SoundMax. M-Audio support says the recording software must support ASIO drivers. Does GoldWave support this? I'd really like to be able to use the sound card for recording.
John
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

I don't want to be unfair to M-Audio, but I have been told that their stuff is very fussy about whether or not it will work with a particlular computer. what I was told was that the computer must have specs that are compatible - or else. I have also been told that if you get it working, the M-Audio stuff is quite good.

In your case, I would suspsect some sort of conflict between the M-Audio device and the onboard soundcard. Is there something in the software that allows you to select and/or de-select which card you want to use?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: ASIO support?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

GoldWave does not support ASIO drivers.

Chris
jrc

Post by jrc »

I got the M-Audio card to work (not sure how). It controls the input levels, so I have to set it using the M-Audio control panel.
John