slowing down songs and enhancing bass

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
Scarrell

slowing down songs and enhancing bass

Post by Scarrell »

im new to goldwave, i figured out how to slow a song down, meaning the beat and changing the vocal tempo to make their voice deeper, but when i did this, it doubled the time of the song, how do i slow down the song and keep it the same time? also, how do i enhance the bass without distorting it and making it sound like crap? thanks for your help, if anyone can..
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: slowing down songs and enhancing bass

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If you slow down a song, then it will take more time to play, so I'm not sure what you are asking. If you want to lower the pitch of the song but keep its length the same, use the Pitch effect and check the "Preserve tempo" box. To change the speed without changing the pitch, use the Time Warp effect with either the Similarity or FFT algorithm selected.

To increase the bass, use the Equalizer effect and raise the left faders. If there is any distortion (because the bass was raised too much), use the Maximize Volume effect to normalize the volume to 0dB. That will fix distortion caused by clipping.

Chris
Scarrell

Post by Scarrell »

hey, thanks for the reply, i was getting worried, lol and yeah that is what i meant.. say a song is 3mins, when i just change the pitch to like 70, it makes the song around 5mins or so long.. i was wanting to keep the song the same 3mins, but slow the vocals and beat down.. but you answered Both my questions, now its time to mess with the songs.. thanks alot.. it seems this is a company that will Atleast try to help their customers more than others.