Beta bug report - Spectrum Visual

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Moonmist

Beta bug report - Spectrum Visual

Post by Moonmist »

I discovered a bug In GoldWave 6.08 Beta. I generated a 240 Hz Sine Wave and this is how it looked in the Spectrum Visual upon playing it:

The peak line is turning up about 20 Hz to the left of where it should be.

This only happens on a stereo file with the log scaling option turned on in the Spectrum Visual settings. With linear scaling it turns out normal. The bug doesn't occur on either scaling when using a mono file. I didn't test any other amount of channels (I only use two speakers).
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Beta bug report - Spectrum Visual

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Thanks for the post. I'll check into it.

Chris
Moonmist

Post by Moonmist »

In GoldWave 6.10 I generated a 100hz Sine wave into a 48khz mono file and this is what the spectrum visual displays (with visual set to FFT 12):

First of all both the top and bottom displays should be the same since this is a mono file. In the top one the peak is aligned with the 100hz label on the bottom, but the frequency lines don't line up with the labels so it looks like the peak is higher than 100 hz. In the bottom one, not only are the lines not lining up with the labels like the top one, but the peak is showing it's lower than 100 hz even on the label!

When I originally made this post the peak lines weren't lining up with the peak and that's obviously fixed but it's still very far from looking how it should.

Also the higher the FFT the more closer the bottom peak is to being like the top one, when I went down to the lowest FFT 10... the bottom one was like 50 hz lower!!

I hope you can make everything work as it should in the next release if possible.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

That's already been fixed in the coming update, but thanks for mentioning it.