Bug report - Grid

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Moonmist

Bug report - Grid

Post by Moonmist »

This is in GoldWave 5.70 (and I'm pretty sure it's the same in 6.08 Beta):

The grid says "Spacing (s):" (s) would stand for seconds am I correct? Correct me if I'm wrong but... a spacing of 0.8 seconds would mean the frequency of the grid lines would occur 1.25 times per second (Hz, the reciprocal of the time period)... that number multiplied by 60 would give you the tempo. 0.8 seconds should be 75.0 BPM not 48.0 BPM. 48.0 BPM would be if the spacing was 1.25 seconds (or 0.8 Hz in frequency).

Also, possibly another bug... when you close the options window and re-open it, it remembers what you had stored for the spacing time, but the tempo doesn't match... it always says 120.0 BPM until you type something into the spacing box.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Bug report - Grid

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'll fix that in the next update. Thanks.

Chris
Moonmist

Post by Moonmist »

I was just wondering if there is ever going to be a GoldWave 5.71 with this bug fixed? My laptop has Windows 7 but my main desktop still has XP 32-bit and I mainly use the desktop one and right now I have to do the math in a calculator before entering it in the windows options of GoldWave 5.70, so I'd really be grateful if a 5.71 could be released with this bug fixed.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Sorry, it is very unlikely that there will be a v5.71.