Size of Toolbar Icons

GoldWave general discussions and community help
KetchupKid

Size of Toolbar Icons

Post by KetchupKid »

I haven't updated GW for a year or so because they screwed up my window/toolbar interface and I went back to 5.68. I need to re-visit this so I know whether or not it is safe to update.

When the programmers (some of the very best in the business so far as I know) enlarged the icons representing the various tools you can place on the toolbar, it made it so I could only get about 3/4 of my toolbar to fit, and even then I had to run it full screen to do so. I never run any app full screen. I made a comment back then about the humongous increase in icon size and I think I made the programmers mad.

I will concede, that like most apps of any kind now days, programmers "update" the icons and layouts to accommodate the little tykes (under 30) desires. I am 66 and a retired PC tech support person. But I just can't deal with the modern outlandish themes of program interfaces. So I only asked if they could make it a user option to select the large icon sizes or the originals. They didn't like that suggestion at that time, anyway.

Can someone tell me if I update to the latest GW, is there still no way to return to the fabulous interface from days past? :?
Tristan

Re: Size of Toolbar Icons

Post by Tristan »

I don't quite get what you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to improve formatting because you're using an old CRT monitor?

I'm using the latest version of GoldWave right now. I hit the 'Restore Down' (+) button at the top of the toolbar and the display window reduced to a fraction of its full-screen size. I don't see why you'd want the toolbar icons to be any smaller (i.e. harder to see) after doing that.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The larger icons are to compensate for the higher screen resolutions available today (not the "little tykes" as you put it). Due to higher DPI settings and Microsoft's autoscaling, the icons may be even larger than they should be. Recent versions of GoldWave have a setting to adjust the size of the icons under Options | Toolbar.
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

The guy asks questions and doesn't bother to come back to read the answers. Why did I bother?
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
KetchupKid

Post by KetchupKid »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:The larger icons are to compensate for the higher screen resolutions available today (not the "little tykes" as you put it). Due to higher DPI settings and Microsoft's autoscaling, the icons may be even larger than they should be. Recent versions of GoldWave have a setting to adjust the size of the icons under Options | Toolbar.
Thanks - good to know I can update now. I appreciate your response. I kept waiting and waiting and no notice came to my email inbox. So today I returned to the forum to look. Is there not a notification option so someone posting something can know when someone has responded? :)
KetchupKid

Post by KetchupKid »

Tristan wrote:The guy asks questions and doesn't bother to come back to read the answers. Why did I bother?
Sorry, Tristan. I didn't know anyone had responded.
KetchupKid

Post by KetchupKid »

I liked that you added a choice for small icons, but for some reason there was no choice for showing the captions like there is for the large icons. I guess I'm spoiled to how nice the program used to be.

Match Volume doesn't show both channels when editing only the right or left. SHowing both channels as it used to be, was more helpful, even though adjusting only one of the channels.

NOTE: Keyboard Settings for "EditChannelLeft" and "EditChannelRight" are backwards.

If I open 3 or more files for editing at once, the program no longer aligns them correctly is it used to. A minor irritation, but still another thing that has gotten screwed up.

There are more, but I wanted to point these out. I gave the new version changes a chance for a week or so, but I am once again reverting back to a more useable version on my desktop.

Thanks again for a great program - but I'll stick to a slightly older 32 bit version.
KetchupKid

Post by KetchupKid »

Tristan wrote:The guy asks questions and doesn't bother to come back to read the answers. Why did I bother?
I didn't receive any notification anyone had replied.