Problem merging files that have cues

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Leprechaun

Problem merging files that have cues

Post by Leprechaun »

I am embarrassed to admit trouble with trying to merge several MP3 files, each having associated cue files with several cue points and finding the "Retain"-ed cues. Whether I check "Retain all cue points" or un-check it, I get only cues for the merged files.

Is my understanding of "Retain all cue points" wrong, or have I failed to properly configure the merge function?

Thanks for reading. Blessings for answers!
DewDude420

Re: Problem merging files that have cues

Post by DewDude420 »

It's not you. I just tried this with some WAV files and despite the manual saying Retain All Cue Points should keep all the original CUE points in the file....it still only creates a CUE point at the merge.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Can you provide some additional information? What output file type are you using?

MP3 files don't contain cue points, so they have to be stored from a separate cue file. Make sure you have the "Automatically import and export separate cue file" option checked in Options | Storage.
Leprechaun

Post by Leprechaun »

I'm very sorry to be so tardy responding. The news isn't good. Chris, my configuration was exactly as you recommended. Dewey, your observation was what I expected—though I hoped that the implied promise was available in some undiscovered way.

Dewey, your analysis makes sense and in light of that, it seems foolish to expect GW to be able to do the magic that we hoped for.

Gents, thanks for your help! Blessings on your efforts and endeavors.
–the greenish one–