Recording Fails

GoldWave general discussions and community help
dani72

Recording Fails

Post by dani72 »

I was able to record audio perfectly fine in GoldWave up until recently but now I keep getting an error message. These are my settings:

The only thing I can think of that may have caused the problem is an update I installed recently for the Realtek drivers. I've tried all the things the program suggests to resolve it but nothing has worked so far.

Has anyone got any other ideas of what I can do to fix this issue?
Relax. What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind!
DougDbug

Re: Recording Fails

Post by DougDbug »

You've selected "loopback". Are you trying to record streaming audio?

WASAPI loopback doesn't work if there is no digital audio stream so the playback has to start before you can record. (It can be a silent stream but it has to see some data.)
dani72

Post by dani72 »

DougDbug wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:11 pm
You've selected "loopback". Are you trying to record streaming audio?

WASAPI loopback doesn't work if there is no digital audio stream so the playback has to start before you can record. (It can be a silent stream but it has to see some data.)
I'm trying to record a sample of a track that's playing on https://soundcloud.com/ or other website such as YouTube. It worked fine before as I recorded numerous samples for a project I'm working on. Even if I start the audio playing before I hit record it makes no difference. When I do a test in Control Properties it says "Cannot open recording device...."

I'm not sure what else I can do.
Relax. What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Restarting your computer may help.

It looks like you have Realtek sound hardware. Realtek drivers often cause this kind of a problem. Try downloading and installing the latest sound driver recommended by your computer manufacturer or obtain the latest driver directly from Realtek.