record starts with no sound

GoldWave general discussions and community help
DpGold

record starts with no sound

Post by DpGold »

Hi All,

i'm new here and i having a problem when i push the record button the clock will start. this is happening before any sound is heard. anyone know how i can stop this from happening? does this each time i try to start a record and does it several times until it is set to start hearing sound to record. Thanks
DougDbug

Re: record starts with no sound

Post by DougDbug »

What are you trying to record from? (The microphone built-into your laptop? A USB turntable? Streaming audio? Etc.?)

(Go to Options -> Control Properties -> Device to select your recording device.)
DpGold

Post by DpGold »

i'm just recording audio off my pc from youtube or spotify my only recording device is loopback speakers (realtek high definition)
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

this is happening before any sound is heard.
Does it work if you start the playback first? WASAPI loopback doesn't work if there is no audio stream... It can be a silent stream but there has to be "data flowing".
DpGold

Post by DpGold »

when i click the record button most time the clock will start before i play a song, and sometimes it waits until the starts (which this is how i lk it to be) any suggestions?
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

There is an option for sound activated ("Level activated") recording, but it's often more trouble than it's worth -

Options -> Control Properties -> Record -> Level activated
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If any software is playing audio (chat, messaging, screen reader, system sounds, video playback, "listen" mode enabled for a recording device, etc.), then LOOPBACK recording starts immediately. You might try restarting your computer to ensure that nothing else is playing or streaming audio.