Video not visible

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
Boog

Re: Video not visible

Post by Boog »

I did this with Corels "masterpiece" VideoStudio Pro ... you find yourself just losing the will to live. Stuff that takes seconds or minutes with MQ ... is a huge PIA with this POC ... still, one must use something ... :(

Believe me when I say, no one will be happier than me when I get your e-mail :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=226KxBQmTQA

Enjoy :)
Boog

Post by Boog »

Hi guys... and news on the new release?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Work on Multiquence 3 is going well. About 70% of the user interface is done and about 60% of the features are done for the basic version. There will be more video effects, with time varying parameters. A beta version could be ready before the end of the year. Windows 7 or later will be required for the first release, but Mac, iPad, and tablets may be supported in future releases.

Chris
Boog

Post by Boog »

Thanks Chris :)
ElfQrin

Post by ElfQrin »

Great news! :)
Boog

Post by Boog »

ElfQrin wrote:Great news! :)
You bet man. I've been using Corel Visual Studio to fill in the gap... GRIM :( :( :( :( :(

I still use Multiquence to mix my audio... smartest, fastest most workman-friendly interface I've ever seen.

Here's a mix I did with a buddy of mine from Florida... the one who can sing and smoke at the same time LOL. Enjoy :) In the time it takes that bloated POS, Corel Visual Studio to just generate the video (never mind mixing which ain't much fun), with MQ, I can do the mix and generate the vid, go have coffee, and wash the dishes.

I am really looking forward to the release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LseMB3ar7I4

Cheers,
Boog
... better stick to your seafood down there boys, Alberta beef (where I come from) should probably be avoided for a while. Even Corel Visual Studio is not as bad as e-coli LOL.
hedz

Post by hedz »

Looking in again to see if any advancement on Multiquence "next gen" and am glad to read the good news :D

Chris, since I am still running Vista, have no real need to update yet, what does your comment "Windows 7 or later will be required for the first release" imply to my situation :?:

Cheers, hedz 8)
nextwave

Post by nextwave »

Multiquence is in the middle of being rewritten from scratch, so unfortunately there is no "quick fix" that can be released.

Chris
Very interesting development indeed. If you could port to GNU/Linux, you'd have an amazing opportunity to provide your software to that market as well. Offering this to Mac wouldn't do so well with iMovie and FCP dominating that market, but in the PC world, the linux users are growing, and would be a great time to offer commercial software for that hardware platform. Just my two cents. :)
Nextwave Computer Solutions
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

hedz,
Multiquence (soon to be VideoMeld) will require at least Windows 7. Windows Vista doesn't fully support MP4 audio and video encoding and there are other issues I'd prefer to avoid. If Wikipedia is correct, then Vista has only 7% marker share anyway.

nextwave,
There are no firm plans for other operating systems at this stage. It really comes down to what Embarcadero provides over the next year or so. With the exception of the MP4 encoding mentioned above and audio I/O, the code currently makes almost no direct use of the Windows SDK.

Chris
nextwave

Post by nextwave »

Excellent.. that means that it will more then likely run in Wine! Great news!
Nextwave Computer Solutions