Add Image Section

General discussions and questions about MULTIQUENCE
Dust Bunny

Add Image Section

Post by Dust Bunny »

Please help with adding an IMAGE section to a track.

If I copy and paste an image from the demo to one of my tracks, it inserts as an Image. But if I put one of MY images in a track it inserts as a VIDEO, with time of .033. When I open the Properties Dialaog box it shows it is Video properties, not Image.

I want to display an IMAGE file for 7 seconds. How can I do that?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Add Image Section

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Software included with some video cameras causes images to be incorrectly detected as video. The only solution is to convert the image to a different format (even saving a .jpg file as .jpeg instead may help).

Chris
Dust Bunny

Post by Dust Bunny »

I tried converting my picture files to jpg, jpeg, bmp, gif, and png using both Picture Publisher and Paint Shop Pro. I could not insert any of them as a Image - they were all Video after inserting.

Then I tried Inserting the png files included in the Demo I downloaded from the Gold Wave site. Even those inserted as Video instead of Image.

The only way I found to insert an image is to open the demo, copy one of the images in one of the tracks then open a new file in Multiquence and paste it. That results in an Image file.

I installed Multiquence on another computer even though the processor is only 333 MHz. It works fine on that computer - - slow, but the images insert as images.

I uninstalled Multiquence on my newer computer and reinstalled it from the same installer file I used on the older computer running Windows 98SE. Nothing changed.

It must be a conflict between Multiquence and one of my other programs, or my newer, faster computer witth Windows XP Home has some quirk that keeps it from properly running Multiquence.

If you want to know the particulars about my system so that you can determine what is wrong and address the problem in future releases, reply to this post. I have complete system info, including motherboard, Bios and like that. It is a HP Pavilion A367C.

Dust Bunny
Stiiv

Post by Stiiv »

You might want to check File Types & see what program is set up as the default viewer for jpg files....some graphics programs change this setting without asking, & this could cause the symptoms you've described. Let us know if this helps.
Stiiv
lazyferret

Post by lazyferret »

Has this ever been solved?

I loaded Multiquence onto my Vista Laptop, and it worked great. While evaluating it, I downloaded a couple of other Video capture programs, and now Multiquence always inserts images as video.

I have tried saving the picture as Jpeg, Tiff, BMP PNG and various other types, but any I have tried that Multiquence supports, it installs as Video. I have no idea where to start trying to resolve this. Please help.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I usually recommend that people use System Restore to return their computers back to good state and repair the damage the other video software has caused.

Some changes were made to Multiquence to try to avoid that problem, but the decoders installed by other software claim the image file is a video file when Multiquence tries to open it. The only solution is to remove the defective decoders by using System Restore.

Chris
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Hi guys

I am also having this same issue on a WIndows XP machine. When I add an image to a section, it adds it as a video. I uninstalled any custom codec packs, no go. I restored the default file association for JPG files, no go..... I do not want to have to do a system restore, I would have no idea what date to restore to.

I've tried everything I can think of (short of reformatting and starting again -not an option) to fix this, any ideas

regards

Paul
lazyferret

Post by lazyferret »

Will you ever supply a proper fix for this problem, e.g. a down load that will re-set what ever drivers have been modified.

Re-installing windows is not an option, and since I had installed many applications before I discovered Multiquence had stopped working, I have no option of returning to a restore point.

It seems such a shame that what is intrinsically such a great bit of software is being given the flip off, and even worse when the problem is such a minor but very annoying thing.

Please fix it...
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Multiquence is being re-written from scratch, which is taking much longer than expected.

The problem with images doesn't occur on any of my test systems, so it's difficult to fix a problem that I can't test. Images will be handled differently in the new version anyway.

Chris