Accessing samples outside selection

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
Gauss256

Accessing samples outside selection

Post by Gauss256 »

I am trying to write a plug-in (my first) that needs to access samples outside the current selection. When I try to seek before the start of the selection like this,

Code: Select all

source->Seek(source->Start() - skirtTime);
it returns an error.

Seeking to the end of the selection works,

Code: Select all

source->Seek(source->Finish());
but subsequent reads fail.

Should I be able to get samples that are outside the selected region?

Bruce
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Accessing samples outside selection

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Samples outside the selection cannot be accessed. The plug-in can read samples within the selection only.

Chris
Gauss256

Post by Gauss256 »

Samples outside the selection cannot be accessed. The plug-in can read samples within the selection only.
I was afraid of that. Maybe it can go on the wish list for future versions.

In the meantime though, I have found a very powerful program that lets me work around this limitation: AutoHotkey. It's free, it's amazingly comprehensive, it's wonderful. I wrote an AutoHotkey script to (1) manipulate the Set Marker dialog to adjust the selection, then (2) invoke the plug-in.

My intention is to make the plug-in and AutoHotkey script available for free, once it's completely finished. Is there some standard place to publish such plug-ins so others can find and use them?

Bruce
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

A place for "third party" plug-ins will be added to the GoldWave website. If anyone has any GoldWave plug-ins they'd like to upload, please contact me.

Chris