'Shape volume' suggestion

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
unoblee

'Shape volume' suggestion

Post by unoblee »

I use the 'shape volume' feature alot in editing. The best thing about it is the 'show envelope' check box, that shows the sound in the selection-GREAT FEATURE-then I can manualy shape the volume, this usually involves mirroring the envelope.
I wonder if this function could be automated with a button to 'mirror envelope' and maybe a slider, to control the amplitude of that mirrored envelope.
Goldwave rocks!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: 'Shape volume' suggestion

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I'll look into that, but when processing a large file there could be thousands of points to mirror, which might be impractical.

You may want to consider using the Auto Gain effect in the GWVoice plug-in. That effect evens out volume levels across the entire file automatically.

Chris
unoblee

Post by unoblee »

I use this method for small sections of music, where there is a note to loud or quiet or wrongly or rightly placed. It would be very useful to be able to mirror the volume envelope for an entire song (even if it was just an average.)
I tried the GWVioce plugin and found it very good for adjusting dictation over background but I still prefer using Shape Volume for smoothing (editing) music.