Need new equalizer diagram.

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
thanhlongmbk

Need new equalizer diagram.

Post by thanhlongmbk »

Hi the GQ developers!

I'm one of the CoolEdit users, I used it from 2001 up till now, althought it's of adobe now. I like it because it's simple, easy to use, and that I don't need much effect like Adobe Audition. Now, I found that your product is very good, and I have had a small tour. After using it, I like it so much, and I want to improve this quality product by some feature I usually used in ce2k.

First, is the equalizer, as the image I inserted in the last of this topic, I hope that your product can add the dynamic equalizer so that users only need to click the mouse on the diagram to set the values. there are 2 tab at the bottom, one is the width from 0->100%, if set to 0, it will be the line from this point to next point, with 50% it's smooth as in the image, and with 100% it will be rectangle. The play button will play the song and show the real equalizer directly in the graph so I can know which place I will add or change a pint. It's easier than show the paragraph and equaliser in two independent place, and also help me to equalize it easier.

Second, I really like ce2k because it has two functions in nomalizer that you don't have: nomarlize it independent in each channel, you can choose L, R, both with scale, or both independent, insteed of choose each channel and do nomarlize again. Other function is that with some cd, the sound seem tobe upper and the noise will have, with ce, I can move it down alittle so the noise will be remove, it can do automatically.

There are many change I hope you to develope, don't need many functions, but quality. Equalizer is one of that I really need.

Thank you!

Image[/img]
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Need new equalizer diagram.

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The Spectrum Filter effect, which was added recently, lets you create a custom equalizer filter. It is not quite the same as you described, but you'd get the same result.

I tend to refrain from having separate controls for left and right channels. Eventually GoldWave will support more than two channels and having separate controls for each channel will complicate and clutter the interface.

Chris
thanhlongmbk

Thank you!

Post by thanhlongmbk »

I see it now!