Access samples outside selection

Discussions for GoldWave plug-in development
giacomogd1

Access samples outside selection

Post by giacomogd1 »

I'm planning to develop a GoldWave plugin that uses information from samples that lie before and after the selected area, and needs to modify them as well. I am reading the plugin SDK and it doesn't seem I can read or write outside selection boundaries - I don't mean returning more samples than the one my plugin has received, I mean messing with existing samples outside selection (e.g. for achieving reverse echo). What I need is r/w access to any sample I want before and after the selection. The user cannot just "select all" because I need some reference boundaries.
Is there anything I can do?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Access samples outside selection

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

In order to maintain a consistent Undo history, samples outside the selection cannot be modified by effects. Changes to the way effects work are planned in the next major version, so I'll see what can be done to allow at least read-only access to the entire file within an effect.

Chris
giacomogd1

Re: Access samples outside selection

Post by giacomogd1 »

The effect I am working on (right now I have a working standalone demo) needs write access to a handful of samples before and after the selection. Thank you however for your kind reply!